Oil spill response cleaner for spills caused by crude oils, gasoline, and other hydrocarbons.
Ordering Information: Product can be ordered in volumes of 5 gallons or 55 gallons. For larger quantities, please call 855-428-2436 for a quote. Appropriate sales tax and shipping charges will be added to the order.
Download BG-Clean™ 401 Brochure
Product Details: BG-Clean™ 401 cleans spills caused by crude oils, gasoline, and other hydrocarbons. It is suitable for use on a variety of surfaces including metals, rocks, concrete, soils, and water. BG-Clean™ 401 is an excellent product for use when the least possible dissolving of oil in water is desired. It will quickly detackify and microfractionalize oil on all surfaces. In water it floats the oil for easy recovery.
|The new technology used in BG-Clean™ 401 means new thinking in handling and responding to oil spill disasters of all types and sizes.|
BG-Clean™ 401 offers significant advantages compared to other cleaners including:
- BG-Clean™ 401 will microfractionalize the oil so that it becomes a readily available food source for the indigenous bacteria in the environment.
- The contaminant floats with no emulsion so that it can be easily collected.
- BG-Clean™ 401 is safe to store, handle, and use and is 100% biodegradable.
- BG-Clean™ 401 will help to enhance the biodegradation of residual oil.
- BG-Clean™ 401 has been listed for use on the U.S. National Contingency Plan Product Schedule, the UK Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, and by the Government of Kuwait.
Product Application: In the event of an oil spill, apply BG-Clean™ 401 over all affected areas. The product should be applied at a 2% to 5% dilution with water (fresh or salt water will work equally well). The product can be sprayed on via a hand sprayer, pressure washer, or steam cleaner.
After application the product should be allowed to penetrate for 1 or 2 minutes. Next the contaminated surface should be agitated. This can be accomplished with a clean water spray or manually by hand. The oil will immediately become detackified and will become available for reclamation by skimming or absorbent materials.
Note: BG-Clean™ 401 is available in a deep water dispersant version called 401D.